Part of the VHB Family3M 4918 is an 80 mil thick, clear, viscoelastic core that is designed for bonding glass and other transparent materials. There are two sister products-4905 (20 mil) and 4910 (40 mil) that are the same acrylic core but in different thicknesses so you can pick the right product for the job. These products offer outstanding solvent resistance, adhesion to high surface energy materials such as glass, and have excellent temperature resistance up to 300°F.
Benefits to Your CustomerWhile high performance physical properties are important, what counts more is the value the product brings to the installer and the owner.
- Easier to install than gunnable sealants
- Uniform, invisible sight line
- Better visual aesthetics than extrusions
- Outstanding static shear resistance
- Durable adhesion even at elevated temperature and humidity
- Great shock and stress absorption properties