Pressure sensitive tapes are seeing increasing use throughout all industries, including appliance applications. Pressure sensitive tapes have numerous advantages over traditional methods of mechanical and chemical bonding: they are cost-effective, durable, and easy to install. Depending on the application, appliance manufacturers, installers, and repairers may be able to both save money and time by switching to pressure sensitive tapes.
The Advantages of Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Pressure sensitive tapes don’t require curing. Pressure sensitive tapes can often be introduced into use immediately after they are installed. They do not require any curing process, so they make the actual process of installation much faster. Because they do not require curing, these tapes can also sometimes be moved and repositioned as needed.
- Pressure sensitive tapes are affordable. Compared to methods of chemical and mechanical bonding, pressure sensitive tapes are far more cost-effective. They save money in multiple ways; by being faster to install, there’s a decrease in work hours needed. By being simpler to install, there’s less of an investment in equipment.
- Pressure sensitive tapes don’t require specialized equipment. Mechanical fasteners require costly materials such as drills and welding equipment, while chemical fasteners may require pumps, guns, and other application equipment. Pressure sensitive tapes can generally be directly applied without the need of special equipment, reducing the amount of money companies need to invest in their physical assets.
- Pressure sensitive tapes are environmentally friendly. Pressure sensitive tapes do not give off the VOCs (volatile organic carbons) that most chemical bonding products do. For environmentally friendly companies, pressure sensitive tapes can fit in easily to green initiatives.
- Pressure sensitive tapes are accurate. Because of the easy and simple application process — and the ability to potentially move the tape as needed — pressure sensitive tapes can be far more accurate. A chemical or mechanical bond will be very difficult to correct. A pressure sensitive tape bond can be corrected with ease.
Applications in the Appliance Industry
Pressure sensitive tapes are particularly useful throughout the consumer electronics and appliance industry. Part of this is the pressure sensitive tape’s ability to function even during extreme heats, which consumer appliances and electronics may consider. Pressure sensitive tapes can also substantially reduce the cost of an appliance, making it more competitive on the consumer market. Because the method of bonding does not require physical alteration of the appliance, pressure sensitive tapes can also be used to make more attractive appliances. Pressure sensitive tapes are very easy to shape to fit certain appliances and can radically decrease the amount of time required during the assembly process.
Companies in the manufacturing or appliance industry may want to explore the benefits of pressure sensitive tapes for their mechanical or chemical bonding. Not only can it save them time and money, but it can also lead to a durable and attractive end product. Tom brown, Inc carries 300 Series, 200 MP Series, and 350 Series 3M tapes, all designed for rigorous commercial applications.