ARclad® 8645-78 is the next generation of high performance muntin mounting tapes from Adhesives Research. ARclad® 8645-78 has been specifically developed for the rigorous demands of the muntin mounting application. This new tape combines advancements in adhesive technology with years of industry knowledge to provide window manufacturers with exceptional performance that meets or exceeds industry standards.
- High performance acrylic adhesive system
- 45 mil closed cell polyethylene foam construction
- 3 mil blue poly liner
BENEFITS – The ARclad® Advantage
When applied in accordance with ARclad® application guidelines:
- Exceptional adhesion to the broad range of substrates commonly used across the industry without the need for abrasionor other surface treatments
- Optimum balance of performance properties which resist the forces that work to pull the grille away from the sash:
- Variances in expansion and contraction rates of the grille substrates vs. the glass
- Use of the grille to raise and lower the window
- Co-extruded smooth coat foam allows superior wet-out of the tape to the glass surface, ensuring a watertight bond
- Custom-developed adhesive polymer which resists
- Temperature extremes
- High humidity
- UV degradation
- Cleaning solutions*
- Silane coupling agent is not required – eliminating the cost, risk, resources and time associated with silane use
- 10-year limited warranty*Ammonia or alcohol-based cleaners are recommended. Citrus oil cleaners and muriatic acid brick treatment should be avoided with ARclad® 8645-78 and any other adhesive product.
*Ammonia or alcohol-based cleaners are recommended. Citrus oil cleaners and muriatic acid brick treatment should be avoided with ARclad® 8645-78 and any other adhesive product.