Saint-Gobain NORSEAL® F-12 silicone foam combines unique flame retardancy and low toxic gas emission properties with excellent compression set resistance, conformity and low density. Combining two or all of these properties makes F-12 the ultimate fireblocking silicone foam for fire- and heat-resistant gaskets, seals and cushioning, as well as radiant heat shields and insulation blankets.
F-12 offers a high degree of design flexibility. Lightweight and easy to process, it can be laminated to seat cover fabrics and carpeting as a backing for added flame resistance in passenger compartment furnishings. For aircraft and aerospace applications, F-12’s very low density allows for weight savings, which increases aircraft fuel efficiency. As lamp gaskets for high intensity lighting, F-12’s compression set, fire resistance and excellent weathering properties allow for safe, continuous outdoor operation and low maintenance.
- Meets industry standards: FAR 25.853, Bombardier Smp 800-C, UL 94 V-0
- Withstands 2100°F flame for 10 minutes
- Low levels of toxicity and smoke generation
- Excellent compression set resistance
- Meets requirements of FDA extractables 21.CFR 177.2600 for food contact
- Can be cast onto various substrates, including heat shielding materials, tear-resistant materials and vapor barriers
- Available as a pressure-sensitive adhesive tape under the Norseal Silicone SNS 512AF product line