Here Are Just a Few Applications of Tape Products for Metal Building Panel Manufacturers:
- Panel to Frame Bonding – tapes can easily replace traditional riveting, welding, or liquid applied adhesives for metal or composite panels that have no need for any surface refinishing or clean up. The panels are aesthetically smooth and fleet graphics are easy to apply.
- Stiffener to Panel – tapes can easily bond stiffeners to panels to improve support and rigidity. The tapes form fast, strong bonds and assemblies can be handled immediately.
- Self Adhesive Gasketing – gaskets of almost any shape or size made from a variety of rubbers or foams designed for robust seals and interfaces.
- Trim Attachment – tapes quickly mount trim parts and other assemblies quickly without the need for fixturing.
For Architectural Cladding Applications
- Tapes uniformly distribute stress along the entire joint – screws, rivets, and welds concentrate mechanical stresses. Tapes can be used for static or dynamic loads and are self shimming.
- Tapes are viscoelastic – they absorb shock and allow movement to resist wind and vibration without delaminating and will not pump out.
- Tapes bond and seal simultaneously – tapes create strong bonds that seal out water, dirt, dust, and other contaminants.
Improves Appearance and Aesthetics
- Tapes are typically hidden in the bond line and prevent the distortion and splitting common to mechanical fasteners.
- Tapes eliminate the need for drilled or pre-punched holes and reduces the chance for any rust or corrosion.
Reduces Production Costs
- Bonded surfaces stay smooth and clean- no need for weld grinding or additional clean up steps.
- Little or no capital investment- tapes are typically applied via hand or with low cost dispensers. Major capital investment is not required.
- Easy, fast application – operators can be quickly and easily trained to apply most tape products.